Orders / Returns / Repairs
We accept the following payment methods:
Please note that all items will be reimbursed within 7 days of receiving the product (shipping fees excluded). You must also cover the cost of returning the product. Shipping fees will only be refunded if the return is a result of a shipping error on our part. Restocking fees of 20% will be charged on special orders only.
- Professional repair / diagnotic service for Lynxmotion kits
- Warranty replacement of parts under 1 year warranty
- Price varies based on kit sent for repairs
This repair service is offered to customers who are unable to get their Lynxmotion kit to function correctly and/or suspect they may have damaged components. The cost of repairing a robot varies according to the issue, any replacement parts needed and the type of product being repaired. We do our best to ensure the repair fees (exluding replacement parts and shipping) remains between $50 to $200. Parts still within the 1 year warranty which are found to be defective based on a manufacturing issue will be replaced free of charge (labor fees will still apply). RobotShop is committed to offering you the best possible service. Do not hesitate to contact our specialists if you have questions regarding this service or the repair of your robot.
- Please contact us via the RobotShop Suport Center (exchanges / returns department) with a description of the issue and your invoice #.
- Should you have purchased the kit via RobotShop or Lynxmotion, we will provide you with an RMA number. Otherwise, we will provide you with instructions.
- Create a printed copy of the RMA e-mail.
- Ship your product to RobotShop (see shipping guidelines below). Shipping will be to one of two locations within North America.
- A specialist will contact you within five (5) business days following receipt of your robot in order to provide you with the results of the diagnostics and inform you if the robot can be repaired, if any parts need to be replaced and the associated costs.
- Should you approve the repair, we will repair your robot within seven (7) business days. The cost of return shipping depends on your location.
- If you decide to not have the robot repaired, a $30 diagnostic fee will be charged and you will need to cover the cost of shipping the product back to you.
- You will receive your fully functional robot with a 30 day guarantee*.
- If new parts were purchased for the repair, their warranty is valid for one year from the date of the repair.
- Products being sent for repairs must be fully assembled as per the assembly instructions provided on the Lynxmotion website.
- Package your robot in a sturdy box and use sufficient packaging material to ensure the robot does not move (bubble wrap and newspaper are preferred, and placing the entire robot in a closed plastic bag helps prevent the loss of small components/ hardware). Packing peanuts are not advised.
- For customers outside Canada / USA: If you do not indicate "REPAIR" and a value of 0$ on the export documents, any applicable duty fees will be charged even after your final invoice.
- It is important to include the charger, the battery, remote etc. so that we may fully diagnose your robot. Please remove the battery from the robot.
- We strongly suggest insuring your package in case of loss or damage. RobotShop will not be held responsible for packages which do not reach our warehouse or were damaged in transit.
- Ship the unit with the printed copy of the RMA e-mail inside the box.
* The guarantee is valid only when the following conditions are met:
- The robot was not modified or altered (adding parts, changing configurations etc)
- The robot was used under normal operating conditions